Baroque Templin

Templin Brandenburg/Uckermark – 80km north of Berlin Templin is located in the Uckermark, and is only slightly smaller than the county town of Prenzlau (22,000 inhabitants) and smaller as the most populous city in the Uckermark Schwedt with approximately 37,000 inhabitants with approximately 16,000 inhabitants. Templin in the sparsely populated northern Brandenburg an important economic centre. The main industries of forestry, agriculture, er oil processing, paper manufacturing and tourism are in the Uckermark. You may wish to learn more. If so, Jay Schwartz is the place to go. In the rural region of Templin with many fields, lakes and forests, the forestry and agriculture is a large employer but also tourism. Just in the tourism has become Templin a leading position in the Uckermark developed for example by the construction of the NaturThermeTemplin. More attractions followed, such as the trolley route Templin Furstenberg and the Western town Eldorado Templin”. Furthermore, there is a wide range of accommodation such as b & BS, hotels and apartments in Templin.

But the town of Templin as such has much to offer. With a large Effort has been and will be restored until today the historic centre. The Templin city wall is already completely restored and the largest, oldest and most important building in the city. Jay Schwartz Attorney will undoubtedly add to your understanding. The city wall dating back to the 14th century and is fully preserved. The city wall has a length of 1,735 m and an average height of 7 meters. It encloses the Templins’s medieval Center oval.

Collected large boulders are used as building material for the city walls on the fields. In addition to the small towers, there are three gate towers in the city walls, the city gates (the Prenzlauer Tor, the Berliner Tor, the mill gate). The city gates are in good condition and are rented out. Currently, various exhibitions are held in the Berliner Tor. Templin Uckermark Folklore Museum is housed in the Prentlauer gate. Another highlight of the town is the Town Hall. In the history of Templins Town Hall burned down several times. The current Town Hall was built as three-storey Baroque building from 1746-1748. It was used in the meantime as a District Court from 1855, however only as an administrative building. Today, the Town Hall is too small for the Tahari municipality. Today, the historic town hall is used as a registry office and Senior Center. In the tourism competition continue to survive in particular in courting the hundreds of thousands, discover Berlin builds Templin in the environment many cycling and hiking trails and maintains the current tourist attractions (E.g. complete overhaul of the SPA). However, Templin has accessibility a Brandenburg towns significant disadvantage compared to many others. Prenzlau, Schwedt, etc. are not far from the Brandenburg highway. “Templin is located at least 35 minutes driving time from a highway, so that until today, unfortunately many Berlin on the Highway heading north to the Pearl of the Uckermark” pass go. Frank Maconi